- Affordable Care Act will be discussed at a public meeting, 7 p.m., in the Commercial Trust Community Room, 119 N. Main St. in Fayette
- 18th Annual Fayette Fall Car Show, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., on south side of courthouse square, hosted by Fayette Lions Club
- Armstrong Fire Department hog roast dinner, 4 to 7 p.m. at Armstrong Fire Station
- CMU Band Day
- New Franklin PTO Smorgasbord (tentative)
- New Franklin United Methodist Church Chili & Soup Supper (tentative)
- Columbus Day
- Grief Support Group will meet, 6 p.m., at Howard County Home Health and Hospice
- LTS Ham and Bean Dinner (tentative)
- CMU Homecoming
- FAHA Fall Banquet Meeting, 5:30 - 9 p.m., at Emmet’s Kitchen & Tap
- Halloween Parade, 10 a.m., sponsored by Golden Study Club
Message From our President:
Welcome to the Fayette Area Chamber of Commerce website! Our local business community welcomes you to the City of Fayette and the County of Howard. We look forward to getting better acquainted and hope you'll find this site helpful.
The Fayette Area Chamber of Commerce is a volunteer group dedicated to creating a positive environment for business and community growth. We focus on encouraging business cooperations and visitor outreach via our various chamber activities, plus support of special events in concert with other local organizations and the city government.
Fayette is a great place - both to live and do business. It's also a wonderful community to visit. We have a variety of shops, restaurants, beautiful neighborhoods and historic sites. The city also is home to Central Methodist University with an enrollment on the main campus here of nearly 1,200 students, in addition to its 11 branch campuses.
Established in 1854, CMU is one of the state's most respected institutions of higher education. On the Fayette campus (listed on the National Register of Historic Places), you'll find various points of interest, including walking among the beautiful tree-lined sidewalks and buildings. There's also collegiate sports, numerous cultural events and special programs - plus tours of the Ashby-Hodge Gallery of American Art, the Stephens Museum of Natural History and the historic Morrison Observatory.
Our town is rich in heritage and history, and a short drive or walking tour will take you past many historic homes and buildings (such as the beautiful Howard county Courthouse). You may also wish to visit the city's outstanding park system which includes the WPA-era swimming pool in the main city park.
This web site will provide information about activities and special events, places to stay and eat, quaint shops and a community calendar, plus links to our outstanding public school system, city government, newspaper, library, county economic development office and Central Methodist Univerity.
We want to hear from you. Please e-mail, write or phone us to receive a visitor packet. Tell us if you'd like to visit Fayette, start a business and/or become a member of the chamber.
Thanks for your interest in Fayette - we look forward to serving you.
Find out more about Fayette here.